The Making Of The Best-Selling Author George Sison
- George Sison, author of the best-selling book "A Miracle Awaits You," is truly a man for all seasons.
- He first came to the public eye as a stage actor with the Avellanas' Barangay Theater Guild and other well-known drama groups
- Later as a painter-poet with three one-man shows and three poetry books to his credit
- As an entreprenuer he was a manufacturer, retailer and exporter of Philippine handicrafts. He had an art gallery, a handicraft business and a restaurant called "Stars of Giorgio"
- Then as a composer with a popular CD, "Pilita Sings George," and became the first Filipino to have a song recorded by an internationally acclaimed singing group, The Platters
- As movie producer of Ishamael Bernal's first film, "Pagdating Sa Dulo," now considered a classic in Philippine Cinema
- As a feisty columnist writing under the pseudonym Conde de Makati, which led to his arrest and imprisonment.
- In the years that followed, he became a well-respected astrologer and psychic, who's clients where the top people in society, business and government.
- As a tv talk-show host he hosted "Manila After Dark" with Gloria Diaz and "Will Your Fortune in the Game of Life."
- In 1983, George founded the Temple of Prayer, Peace and Prosperity (TOPPP), a transformational and developmental center.
- A few years later, TOPPP became affiliated with the International New Thought Alliance (INTA) as a result of an endorsement from Dr. Catherine Ponder, world-renowned New Thought exponent and author of many popular books.
- In 1998, he was ordained minister of the Community Church of New Thought in Mesa, Arizona. Today his district President and ambassador-at-large of INTA for the Philippines.
- In 2016, he was conferred a most prestigious award—an honorary Doctorate’s Degree in Divinity.
Check Out What Other People Are Saying About This Book
Everything you've always known to be true but were too afraid to say and do because of high-tech temper of the times is reaffirmed and celebrated in this book: the healing blessings of forgiving seventy times seven, the endlessly rewarding joys of tithing, the loving , caring and sharing that makes every day Christmas, the belief in God that is in you etc., The best part of the book shows you how to do it. How? The Spirit will move you as it did me toward the appropriate pages for your delectation and application. So, "Soar highest against the winds of life where the miracles is...Letty Jimenez-Magsanoc , Editor-in-Chief Philippine Daily Inquirer
Mr. George Sison is a genius in practically translating the religious symbol of believing into a secular language. His insights approximate St. Mark's deep understanding of Jesus' idea of believing: "Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, "Be taken up amd thrown into the sea,' and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:23-24). Believing essentially means self-reinvention, In believing "A Miracle Awaits You"Fr. Carlos Ronquillo, C. Ss.R. S.Th.D., Redemptorist Formation baclaran Church
Of Spiritual Self-Reinvention and Prosperity in the Game of Life By Ike Suarez
George Sison’s A Miracle Awaits You is a well-written and easy-to-read manual for spiritual reinvention. Exclusively distributed by the Temple of Prayer, Peace and Prosperity (TOPPP) , the reward the book promises is the attainment of prosperity.
This does not mean material wealth alone. The prosperity promised is more than this.
Rather, the author states that the prosperity attained by one who has spiritually reinvented himself or herself is the achievement of a harmonious balance in four areas of his or her life.
These areas are his or her physical and mental health, material possessions, personal relations and career. In other words, one has now struck a happy balance with regard to one’s health, wealth, love life and amicable relations with others and success in his line of work or business.
The kicker to the title on the book cover most aptly describes the book’s value proposition. It tells the reader how to “Will Your Fortune in the Game of Life.”
The book though never trumpets a guaranteed formula for overnight success to all who shall read it avidly and take its teachings to heart. Indeed, George Sison rejects such hype, calling this kind of promise an indicator of poverty consciousness.
Instead, George Sison calls upon the reader to persistently harness the power of his or her subconscious mind to spiritually reinvent his or her self. Doing so calls for the reinvention of one’s concept of his or her self, of others, of prosperity and of God.
Thoughts and Feelings
On the other hand, harnessing one’s subconscious mind would mean taking careful watch first of one’s conscious thoughts and feelings. George Sison explains that the conscious mind governs the subconscious, as every person’s thought or feeling must first go through the former before it reaches the latter.
He points out though that its capacity is very small when compared to the latter. Once the conscious mind feeds a person’s subconscious a thought, feeling or image, the latter then begins to work towards its external manifestation.
It is through the positive use of these thoughts, feelings and images then that one can harness his or her subconscious to spiritually reinvent himself or herself for the better to eventually attain prosperity.
In addition to persistently harbouring positive thoughts, feelings and images, George Sison tells the reader to make prayer an important part of his or her life.
Positive thoughts, feelings and images already make up a form of prayer, according to him. Examples of a number of other forms of prayer he mentions in his book are feeling joyful, expressing gratitude for everything that is good from the Universe, , smiling, releasing and letting go, forgiving, seeing the silver lining in unfavourable circumstances and becoming a prophet of good.
“Prayer should always be the final, not your last, resort,” says George Sison.
The book is in line with George Sison’s being among the leading advocates in the Philippines of New Thought. This spiritual movement is anchored in the Temple of Prayer, Peace and Prosperity which he founded in 1983. It is affiliated with the International New Thought Alliance headquarted in Mesa, Arizona.
In 1998, the Community Church of New Thought, also in Mesa, Arizona ordained him a s minister. Today, he is the district President and Ambassador-at-large of INTA to the Philippines.
This spiritual movement started in the United States in the 19th century. Among its beliefs is that Infinite Intelligence or God is everywhere. Likewise, God is also within each person.
At the same time, the mental states of people are carried towards external manifestations in their daily lives. Thus, positive thoughts by people are a force for good.
A Miracle Awaits You is therefore a logical outcome of George Sison’s being the guru of the spiritual movement he leads in the Philippines. It would be best for the reader to first read this book in its entirety.
And then when one is faced with challenges , one could then read again the part most relevant to his or her situation at the moment.
One though should never stop at reading and rereading this book. One should also methodically and persistently work at the techniques George Sison has presented.
Changes could then eventually take place in one’s life . Spiritual reinvention will never take place overnight. But working at it will finally enable it to happen and bring about that person’s prosperity
“True prosperity is well-beingness in all areas of your life, “ says George Sison. And so, it is.
Happy Reading everybody.